Preparing for Summer
Preparing for my Access Program
Congratulations on your invitation to the Access 2023 program! Please review the video on the homepage as well as the other pages of this site to learn more about the program, what to expect and what to do in preparation. For your convenience, we have provided a checklist with deadlines just below as a summary of your next steps as a new Access student. If you have any questions along the way please do not hesitate to contact us using the online Contact Form.
- Accept Your Offer: Accept your place in the 2023-2024 Access Program by May 1, 2023 online at my.ucf.edu > Student Self Service > Undergraduate Admissions
- Submit your FAFSA: You can complete the FAFSA form using estimated tax information if you or your parents’ taxes have not been filed. The FAFSA can be completed online at https://fafsa.ed.gov/. Complete the FAFSA for 2022-2023 (for summer 2023) and 2023-2024 (for fall 2023, spring 2024, and summer 2024). UCF’s school code is 003954.
- Monitor your To Do List on myUCF
- Check your Knights email daily
- Submit any requested documents in a timely manner
- Read Access Student Attendance Policy and Religious Accommodation Waiver
- The Student Access Attendance Policy gives more detailed information regarding attendance throughout your Access Program. You do not need to sign or return this document but it is expected that you understand it prior to entering your Access Program. Please read the entire Attendance Policy (by clicking the link below) prior to submitting the Student Contract.
- Complete and Submit the Access Student Contract
- The Student Contract is required of every Access Program student and outlines the requirements and expectations of the Access Program. If you have any questions about the form please contact us prior to submitting your completed contract.
- Student Contract 2023 was emailed in your initial invitation.
- Submit Enrollment Deposit (Form + $200): Submit the Enrollment Deposit form and $200 fee to the Undergraduate Admissions Office. This deposit will be applied to your tuition at the time of enrollment and is non-refundable. If you choose not to attend UCF after submitting the enrollment deposit, please notify the UCF Admissions office and the Access Program Coordinator. Please note that your $200 deposit will be forfeited. Please submit your Enrollment Deposit Form and $200 deposit online through your myUCF account: Student Self Service > Undergraduate Admissions > Application Status.
- Register for Orientation: All students in the Access Program are required to attend the same mandatory orientation. For 2020 the dates for this orientation are June 15th and 16th. Register online at https://orientation.ucf.edu/
- Submit Housing Application: On-Campus housing fills up quickly so students are strongly encouraged to apply for Summer B & Fall housing at the same time. Housing assignments are made on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED basis. Please note that Fall housing is not guaranteed as part of the Pegasus Success Program. Also, note that on-campus housing is strongly encouraged but not required. You can apply for housing online at www.housing.ucf.edu
- Submit Immunization Form: Required of ALL UCF students. Fax completed form to Student Health Services at (407) 823-3135. You can download this form online at http://access.sdes.ucf.edu/resources
- Submit Official Transcripts: This includes high school and any college credit you have attempted (Dual Enrollment, AP, IB, CLEP, AICE, etc.). Here is information on how to send official transcripts: https://www.ucf.edu/admissions/undergraduate/question/how-do-i-send-a-transcript-to-ucf-2/
- Please make sure that your intended major on your myUCF account reflects your current interests. Your intended major plays an important role in what General Education course is chosen for you during the summer. If your currently declared major is accurate, no changes need to be made. To check and/or change your currently declared major on myUCF, please follow the steps below:
- Log on to your myUCF account and click on “Student Self Service.”
- In your student center, click on the drop-down menu to the left that states “Other academic…”
- On the drop-down menu, scroll to the top and select “Change Major: Request” and click the blue arrow to the right of the drop-down menu.
- Read the instructions and click “Next”
- Click on “Add” or “Change” in the major box, depending on your situation.
- Click on the drop-down menu to the left glass to select the college of your intended major.
- Once selected, click on the magnifying glass again to select your specific major within that college.
- Click on “Next” and then click “Submit.”
|Orientation||Check with orientation for dates|
|First Day of Classes||June 26th|